Well since the last post I have had my blood taken two more times, done 2 non-stress tests, gone to the hospital for testing, and taken my blood pressure about 9384r923879 times! The poor vein in my right arm has a permminate hole in it from getting blood taken every week. BUT also since my last post I have had incredible friends drive loooooooong distances just to come see me, I had the most incredible baby shower ever on Sunday, I have had endless phone calls from selfless friends, I have had unbelievable family support and love, and I have had people petitioning for us to the Father of all Creation. How could I ever ask for more???
We did have another doctors appointment today, and had another bpp (bio-psychical profile sonogram, medical people can correct me if that is wrong -i think that is what it is called). He wasn't totally happy with that so he sent me over to the hospital to do a non stress test, monitor my blood pressure and do labs on my blood again. It was a little nerve racking just to hear I needed to go to the hospital! We did get a good laugh in though because the nurse told me to go put on the robe, pee in the cup, and come get on the bed to be hooked up...well, who knew that hospital gowns are so difficult?!?! I did try my hardest to figure it out, while hardly dressed and feeling totally awkward, and then I just gave up. I had to get dressed again, go out and ask how to do it, then go undress again! Yeah, felt pretty stupid about that!
All in all the news comes down to this.... the icp (liver thing) is not getting better, in fact the last lab we got back showed that it has basically doubled the bad stuff. My blood pressure is still lower than it was, but it is really flirting with that high line again and likes to jump over the line sometimes. Dr Daum said that basically it all comes down to risk vs benefit. The benefit of keeping her in the womb until at least week 37 (which is tuesday) is very significant, but the risk is getting higher to actually keep her in me. So he thinks we will probably be meeting baby Lylah Grace sometime next week.
We feel really excited to see her, but are just praying for her safety in the time between. The Lord is so powerful, I know he just is working on mine and her body with his perfect hands. Praise the Lord I have a husband that could not have been more incredible, supportive, and loving through this entire thing.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers. May God GREATLY bless you for your love and concern for us!
Love!
We did have another doctors appointment today, and had another bpp (bio-psychical profile sonogram, medical people can correct me if that is wrong -i think that is what it is called). He wasn't totally happy with that so he sent me over to the hospital to do a non stress test, monitor my blood pressure and do labs on my blood again. It was a little nerve racking just to hear I needed to go to the hospital! We did get a good laugh in though because the nurse told me to go put on the robe, pee in the cup, and come get on the bed to be hooked up...well, who knew that hospital gowns are so difficult?!?! I did try my hardest to figure it out, while hardly dressed and feeling totally awkward, and then I just gave up. I had to get dressed again, go out and ask how to do it, then go undress again! Yeah, felt pretty stupid about that!
All in all the news comes down to this.... the icp (liver thing) is not getting better, in fact the last lab we got back showed that it has basically doubled the bad stuff. My blood pressure is still lower than it was, but it is really flirting with that high line again and likes to jump over the line sometimes. Dr Daum said that basically it all comes down to risk vs benefit. The benefit of keeping her in the womb until at least week 37 (which is tuesday) is very significant, but the risk is getting higher to actually keep her in me. So he thinks we will probably be meeting baby Lylah Grace sometime next week.
We feel really excited to see her, but are just praying for her safety in the time between. The Lord is so powerful, I know he just is working on mine and her body with his perfect hands. Praise the Lord I have a husband that could not have been more incredible, supportive, and loving through this entire thing.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers. May God GREATLY bless you for your love and concern for us!
Love!
Comments