Wednesday night as I walked downstairs, I knew something wasn't right...
My thoughts have changed, which seems ironic because my original thought was to write about how everything is changing...but as one more thing changed in my life, so did the subject of this blog. Therefore, "everything is changing" blog will be later, because for now "their lives are changing" is more important. I have no idea the audience I have for this blog, so assuming many of you don't come in contact with me or my life everyday I will update you on this weeks events in an extremely small nutshell, perhaps one that doesn't give justification to the magnitude of the event...never-the-less I will fill you in...
When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I was met with the news that a lady who was just two weeks ahead of me in my pregnancy had just lost her baby. Now I will not claim to have been close with her or to have really even known her. I just felt a "kinship" with her because of the closeness of our precious baby girls. We seemed to find out everything around the same time, and people were always updating me on her pregnancy as I am sure they also did to her. She taught at Ovilla, which made us run the the same circle of friends and really that was as deep as the connection was. However, there is something about being pregnant that makes you have a deeper thread of connection with someone who is also pregnant. So now, only about 6 weeks from her due date she has lost her precious baby and my Lylah sits healthy in my body. Where do you go from there, when your anticipation level has gone from a soaring number to below zero?
Now for her, this was not the end of the story, her life was also in danger. Karen, doing what she had to do was calling on every prayer warrior she knew to be praying over this women, who has lost her baby and might soon lose her own life. As I heard the words repeated several times on the phone "She lost the baby" my husband looked at me and said, "Lets go for a walk." Praise the Lord he knew I needed out.
When we came back we were met by worse news and then later by the final chapter. Mom and baby have gone to be in heaven. Complicate the story more by the father who is on a missions trip with the junior and seniors (her students) in Mexico. He must now come home, not to the family of 3 he left at home, but to his quiet and questioning family that now consists of a Christian man and a 3 year old son who wants to know where mom and baby sister are.
The Lord IS Faithful, I have no idea his plans for this man and his son, or the students lost without a teacher, friend, coach, and mentor BUT I do know that he has a plan.
I have not felt scared for me or Lylah, the Lord has protected my heart and mind in a way I cannot describe. However, the overwhelming sadness for this family is hardly something I can make myself swallow.
Praise Jesus we will see her again!
Praise Jesus she met her baby on Wednesday night!
Praise Jesus because of him we do have something to live this life for!
Praise Jesus, we are healthy...and if that changes...
Praise Jesus
Praise Jesus
Praise Jesus
Love!
My thoughts have changed, which seems ironic because my original thought was to write about how everything is changing...but as one more thing changed in my life, so did the subject of this blog. Therefore, "everything is changing" blog will be later, because for now "their lives are changing" is more important. I have no idea the audience I have for this blog, so assuming many of you don't come in contact with me or my life everyday I will update you on this weeks events in an extremely small nutshell, perhaps one that doesn't give justification to the magnitude of the event...never-the-less I will fill you in...
When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I was met with the news that a lady who was just two weeks ahead of me in my pregnancy had just lost her baby. Now I will not claim to have been close with her or to have really even known her. I just felt a "kinship" with her because of the closeness of our precious baby girls. We seemed to find out everything around the same time, and people were always updating me on her pregnancy as I am sure they also did to her. She taught at Ovilla, which made us run the the same circle of friends and really that was as deep as the connection was. However, there is something about being pregnant that makes you have a deeper thread of connection with someone who is also pregnant. So now, only about 6 weeks from her due date she has lost her precious baby and my Lylah sits healthy in my body. Where do you go from there, when your anticipation level has gone from a soaring number to below zero?
Now for her, this was not the end of the story, her life was also in danger. Karen, doing what she had to do was calling on every prayer warrior she knew to be praying over this women, who has lost her baby and might soon lose her own life. As I heard the words repeated several times on the phone "She lost the baby" my husband looked at me and said, "Lets go for a walk." Praise the Lord he knew I needed out.
When we came back we were met by worse news and then later by the final chapter. Mom and baby have gone to be in heaven. Complicate the story more by the father who is on a missions trip with the junior and seniors (her students) in Mexico. He must now come home, not to the family of 3 he left at home, but to his quiet and questioning family that now consists of a Christian man and a 3 year old son who wants to know where mom and baby sister are.
The Lord IS Faithful, I have no idea his plans for this man and his son, or the students lost without a teacher, friend, coach, and mentor BUT I do know that he has a plan.
I have not felt scared for me or Lylah, the Lord has protected my heart and mind in a way I cannot describe. However, the overwhelming sadness for this family is hardly something I can make myself swallow.
Praise Jesus we will see her again!
Praise Jesus she met her baby on Wednesday night!
Praise Jesus because of him we do have something to live this life for!
Praise Jesus, we are healthy...and if that changes...
Praise Jesus
Praise Jesus
Praise Jesus
Love!
Comments
Many prayers go out for this incredible loss...