I feel just so filled with excitement and joy! We are halfway through, I can actually imagine a baby being 10 inches long, AND we are having a little girl!!!!!!! I was listening to praise music and singing to Lylah this morning as I was putting on my make-up, I seemed to be having a hard time not crying on every song...eye make-up doesn't work very well when you are crying...I didn't even care, I just feel so thankful. When people would ask me how much I thought about the baby I would say, oh well only every single thought...but now that I know baby is no longer "baby" but "her" and then no longer "her" but Lylah, I think it consumes more than every single thought. I could hardly sleep last night, I just wanted to keep saying her name and talking to her...I love her! I want so much more for her now...
As I sat in church on Sunday listening to a song I have heard a million times, never has it meant so much to me. I listened to a first time mom sing it to her new born son, and as tears were uncontrollably running down my face I understood for the first time what a responsibility we have to our children - a responsibility SO great it determines their eternity, and to that I say "Lord prepare me, and bring it on!!!!"
These were the lyrics...
Find Your Wings Mark Harris
It's only for a moment that you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray for all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know you're walking in the truth
And if I've never told you
I want you to know that as I watch you grow
I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams
and that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
so let my love give you roots and help you find your wings
May passion be the wind that moves you through your days
and may convictions keep you strong guide you on your way
May there be many moments that make your life so sweet but more than memories
I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams
and that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
so let my love give you roots and help you find your wings
It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off But
I'll cheer you as you fly
I will give you roots and help you find your wings
When the song was over, I leaned over to Karen (who of course was crying too, my little crying partner) and said, "Are you kidding me, why did she think she could do that to an emotionally unstable pregnant woman!" haha!
One quick thing to pray about...I really need to start gaining weight, I am still minus 3.5 pounds from where we started. Dr Daum doesn't seem to be alarmed, he just said eat eat eat! I have not been worried about gaining too much weight, more just eating healthy food but I guess I am not getting enough fat. He said if I didn't gain more than 20 pounds, with my height it might cause some more complications. So he said even if I stuffed my face for the rest of the pregnancy I wouldn't gain too much weight....so let the eating begin! haha
The Lord is good, actually way beyond good... Lylah Grace Snow, isn't she wonderful?
Love!
As I sat in church on Sunday listening to a song I have heard a million times, never has it meant so much to me. I listened to a first time mom sing it to her new born son, and as tears were uncontrollably running down my face I understood for the first time what a responsibility we have to our children - a responsibility SO great it determines their eternity, and to that I say "Lord prepare me, and bring it on!!!!"
These were the lyrics...
Find Your Wings Mark Harris
It's only for a moment that you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray for all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know you're walking in the truth
And if I've never told you
I want you to know that as I watch you grow
I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams
and that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
so let my love give you roots and help you find your wings
May passion be the wind that moves you through your days
and may convictions keep you strong guide you on your way
May there be many moments that make your life so sweet but more than memories
I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams
and that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
so let my love give you roots and help you find your wings
It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off But
I'll cheer you as you fly
I will give you roots and help you find your wings
When the song was over, I leaned over to Karen (who of course was crying too, my little crying partner) and said, "Are you kidding me, why did she think she could do that to an emotionally unstable pregnant woman!" haha!
One quick thing to pray about...I really need to start gaining weight, I am still minus 3.5 pounds from where we started. Dr Daum doesn't seem to be alarmed, he just said eat eat eat! I have not been worried about gaining too much weight, more just eating healthy food but I guess I am not getting enough fat. He said if I didn't gain more than 20 pounds, with my height it might cause some more complications. So he said even if I stuffed my face for the rest of the pregnancy I wouldn't gain too much weight....so let the eating begin! haha
The Lord is good, actually way beyond good... Lylah Grace Snow, isn't she wonderful?
Love!
Comments